Rainbows on fire
Opals are spectacular gems, delighting with an impressive variety. From the mystifying black opals of Australia to the dreamy pink opals of Peru, opals distinct beauty is shaped by the geological conditions of its origins. To celebrate the Queen of Gems, we’ve brought you two very different kinds of opals — each one unique, each one exquisite.
As its name suggests, Mexican fire opal sprang from fire –– in particular from the ancient volcanoes of the Jalisco region of Mexico –– when powerful lava flows forced water into rock voids, combining minerals to create the fiery orange stone.
Across the Atlantic in Ethiopia, a softer, lighter opal grows. Ethiopian opals are also created by volcanic activity, but they have a special talent called hydrophane (Greek for “water-loving”) that lets them absorb water, resulting in a rainbow of colors that magically shift and change with the light.
Together these opals make stunning jewelry, encompassing Mother Nature’s artistry for a price that’s equally as spectacular.
- Yellow gold-finished .925 Sterling silver setting
- Set includes; Ring & Earrings
- 1 1/3 ctw
- (2) oval 3x5mm Fire opal 1/3 ctw
- (4) round 3x5mm Ethiopianopal 5/8 ctw
- (52) round 1mm "The Ulimate Diamond Alternative, Diamondaura 3/8ctw
- 12.3mm overall drop
- Lever post back
- 2 grams each
- 2 1/3 ctw
- (1) 5mmx8mm Oval Orange Fire Opal 1ctw
- (2) 5mmx7mm Oval White Opal 1 ctw
- (42) 1mm Round "The Ultimate Diamond Alternative, Diamondaura 1/3 ctw
- Band 3.08mm width
- Sits 7mm high
- Whole sizes 5-10
Be the first to rate this! write a review