44 million year old Baltic amber in natural shades of cherry, cream and chocolate
The world’s oldest organic “gem,” amber was among the first naturally-occurring materials to be prized for its precious beauty. This gorgeous gem began life as a syrupy tree resin and contains tiny fossilized prehistoric plants and lifeforms that date back over 44 million years. In fact most of the lifeforms found in amber are now extinct.
Pliny the Elder said “amber is a liquid produced by the rays of the sun.” And, while we are most familiar with amber in its honeyed hues, amber naturally occurs in a wide range of colors. The Amber Trifecta Collection celebrates this prehistoric beauty’s penchant for variety in natural shades of cherry, cream and chocolate.
This amber is from the icy Baltic region, famous for containing the world’s finest amber deposits. Importantly, no two stones are identical, because each stone of amber captured something different as it formed.
- Yellow gold-finished .925 sterling silver
- Set includes; Necklace and Bracelet
- 120 ctw
- (36) 11x8mm oval cut Baltic Amber in cherry, cream, chocolate
- 20"+2" length
- Lobster clasp
- 18 grams
- 40 ctw
- (6) oval cut 11x8mm Cherry Amber Baltic
- (4) oval cut 11x8mm chocolate BalticAmber
- (3) oval cut 11x8mm cream Baltic Amber
- (3) oval cut Lemon Amber Baltic
- Stretch band
- Fits up to 7 1/2" wrist
- 7 grams
Be the first to rate this! write a review